Monday, November 10, 2008

The Animal Has Been Caged


I know this seems a little cruel, but it was absolutely necessary and has been the greatest thing ever. Nathan started climbing out of his crib at 16 months. At first it worked to give him a little spank on the bum and put him back, but that only lasted for so long. This has now been going on for more than 4 months and he is just not ready for a bed. Plus he and Tyler share a room. So every night at bed time Tyler will come running out "He climbed out of his bed again." This has been happening 6-7 times each night before he goes to sleep. Then the REALLY bad night happened on Sunday. He literally climbed out of bed (after going to sleep) 20 times. The first time I found him half way down the stairs in the dark, crying. It continued to happen over and over. I think I slept about 2 hours that night. Even when he would fall asleep I just sat there waiting and listening for the next time he got out. I was really nervous he was going to hurt himself. So Monday morning I was on a mission to find a way to keep this kid in his bed. The Crib Tent was heaven sent. Now the whole family is back to getting a good nights sleep.

4 comments:

AMiller said...

Such a great invention - don't need one, yet. But I am glad to know they exist.

Heather Jones said...

That is the funniest and coolest thing ever!! I bet you are so much happier now! I did not even know they made those.

Lindsey said...

Katrina! Oh my gosh - I just saw your blog through Chrystal's, hope you don't mind me checkin' you guys out!

Your family is adorable and you look great! EXACTLY the same!

BTW...is your husband from Indian Hills?? Email me, if you'd like: lwilde17@hotmail.com

JessandKeriHatcher said...

GENIUS! That was definitly invented by a mother and I am sure I will be calling you soon to find out where I can buy myself one.